Sunday, July 29, 2007

COMIC CON 2007


Raj convinced me to get on the train to get to Comic-Con down in San Diego this year, which worked great and we had an awesome time. Got a ton of great books, mostly Japanese and French, and bowed out early cuz my bag was heavy and my wallet light. We were gonna get a ride home with my co-worker and buddy Randy, but he was still inside looking around so Raj and I went for some beers at a nice outdoor patio bar just up the street. We had been to the same place for lunch a few hours earlier, and strangely most of the staff was wearing BattleStar Galactica t-shirts. So I wasn't COMPLETELY blown away when Aaron Douglas, who plays Chief Tyrol, strolled up into the bar.

I try not to nerd out too hard but I was already drunk and so I went up to him and told him I was a huge fan, and he was like the coolest guy. Totally into chatting, super friendly, we had neat conversation for a few minutes and then took a picture. Great. So I sat back down and then Lena Headey, the HOT WIFE of the lead Spartan in the movie 300 came and sat right next to us. No kidding. So Raj started chatting her up and we ended up partying with her and her husband all night, they bought us a bunch of beers and we had a really good time hanging out and getting to know them, they just moved to LA from the UK.

Towards the end of the night I got a tap on my shoulder and there is Aaron Douglas again, with Michael Trucco, who plays Samuel Anders on Battlestar Galactica! "Thought you'd want to say hi to him too", so I got a picture with him and was REALLY drunk by this time and I was just stoked. So Comic Con 2007 was all about beers at the pub down the street! I had just watched the first episode of Season 3 THE NIGHT BEFORE where both these guys blow up a huge Cylon ship on the occupied planet. They were both really cool and I was glad to meet them. Oh yeah, and the staff wearing the t-shirts was COMPLETELY unrelated. Wtf.

No comments: