Monday, July 16, 2007

TERRA_TASTIC



In an AMAZING coincidence, I was chatting with a girl named Ayako at a dinner party last week of one of Yoko's best friends. She's an actress, and will be starring in a big upcoming movie which has yet to be announced. We were chatting about my job, as a designer and illustrator who used to work in Japan, "maybe you know my fiance, Terada Katsuya?"

OMG yeah I know him. I only have EVERY BOOK HE HAS EVER PUBLISHED and only one poster adorns my studio wall, and HE DREW IT. Turns out he was coming to town this week to visit and she invited Yoko and I out to dinner with the two of them! LUCKY.

It was rad, he was rad, she was rad, dinner was rad, and RADDEST OF ALL he signed some of my books and even drew me a portrait. (Yoko and I are debating the purchase of an iPhone) We had an amazing dinner on Main Street after a colorful walk down Venice Beach on Sunday evening. More than anything else this week this was definitely the highlight of my week. I hope to stay in touch with him!

No comments: